Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Arizona-Bound - Again!

I'm fresh back from the Grand Canyon plein air painting event and now on Campobello Island, packing up for the drive west.  I've had a few minutes to cull through the thousands of photos I took at the Celebration of Art to create a short movie.  It's only five minutes long, but it gives you an idea of the view from my "office window" each day.  Sunrises, sunsets, artists painting on the rim - it's got it all!

Here's the video:



Now I'm off to teach a four-day plein air painting workshop in Bernard, Maine, on Mount Desert Island (home to Acadia National Park) followed by one near Keene, New Hampshire.  After that, we'll have a long drive out - but I'll be in Sedona just in time for the Sedona Plein Air Festival.

I am proud to say this will be my seventh year participating in Sedona as an invited artist.  If you're in the area, please stop by to visit while I'm painting in Red Rock Country.  For details on the event, please visit www.sedonapleinairfestival.com.

Once I'm done with the Sedona Plein Air Festival, I'll launch into my season of teaching plein air painting workshops in the Sedona and Verde River Valley area.  If you'd like more information or to register, please visit www.PaintSedona.com.  I have space left in several of the weeks, and it's a great winter escape.  A week would also make a great gift for that painter friend of yours.  Contact me if you'd like to arrange a gift certificate.

Till then, happy travels!