Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Friday, October 9, 2015

Acadia National Park Workshop Update


We've had a great week on Mount Desert Island at the Acadia Workshop Center.  Except for the last day, when we had afternoon rain, the weather was perfect—cool, sunny and just enough clouds to pretty up the sky for painting.  Morning critiques and lectures were followed by expeditions to some of my favorite spots, plus our annual group lunch at Thurston's Lobster Pound in Bernard.

I never get tired of teaching and painting in and around Acadia National Park, and I shared this enthusiasm with my students.  What with the changes of tide, weather and the seasons, the variety here is never-ending, and the opportunities for painting are endless.  I'm very much looking forward to next year's workshop, which will be September 26-29, 2016.  I hope you'll consider joining us next year.  (For details and to register: http://www.acadiaworkshopcenter.com/MCJohnson.html)

Below are some of the demonstrations from this week.  (Please remember that the photos were shot while on the road, and the paintings always look better in person.) And yes, they are for sale.  If you're interested, please let me know at this link.

Now we are bidding farewell to Maine and the northeast.  My next post will be from Sedona, Arizona, and the Sedona Plein Air Festival!  I hope to see some of you all there or at one of my workshops at www.PaintSedona.com this winter.

Changing Season 12x9 oil by Michael Chesley Johnson

Color of Water 9x12 oil by Michael Chesley Johnson - SOLD

Crescent Beach 9x12 oil oil by Michael Chesley Johnson
Low Tide, Bernard 9x12 oil by Michael Chesley Johnson

Seawall Waves 9x12 oil by Michael Chesley Johnson

Sun Diamonds 9x12 oil by Michael Chesley Johnson