Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Friday, September 21, 2018

Heading West - Again

Atop El Morro National Monument

I've just barely returned to Campobello Island from Grand Canyon, but guess what?  I am heading out again!  This time, it's for our annual migration west.  Along the way, I'll teach two workshops as well as judge a show.  For the Ohio Plein Air Society, I'll serve as Judge of Awards for the 15th Annual Ohio Plein Air Competition on September 30.  This will be followed immediately by a workshop for the group, October 1-3, the theme being "outdoor study to studio."  Right after that, October 5-6, I'll teach a workshop for the Central Ohio Plein Air Society.  It will be a fun week in Ohio!

Then it won't be long before we arrive at our winter studio in New Mexico.  I'm eager to start up my "Painting Intensive" program again. If you haven't heard of this, it's my one-on-one plein air painting program for experienced painters, and it's completely customized to the participant.  What's more, the price includes lodging and all meals.  (I also offer a tuition-only option.)  Last year, I very much enjoyed working one-on-one, and every participant had good things to say about the program.  For this new season, I still have a few weeks available; you can find full details at http://www.paintthesouthwest.com/sched_int.html.

In addition to my "Painting Intensive" program, I will be teaching two all-level plein air painting workshops this fall and spring in Sedona, Arizona.  Sedona is a wonderful place to paint with gorgeous Southwest scenery.  Dates this season are November 13-16, 2018, and April 2-5, 2019.  If you're worried about lodging costs in a tourist area, please know that the studio offers limited lodging for only $80/night.  I have space available in both weeks.  Full details are at http://www.paintthesouthwest.com/sched_reg.html

I'll post again once I'm on the road.  In the meantime, here are a few photos from the last season of the "Painting Intensive."