Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Monday, January 14, 2019

Now on Patreon!


You know, years ago, I had the idea of "Art for Patronage." Well, actually, the idea is centuries old, but I thought if I created a web site and had a community of painters join it, we might be able to find patrons to give us things in exchange for artwork. For example, a week's lodging in a gorgeously scenic place in exchange for a painting of that view. Or a meal at a restaurant in exchange for a handful of sketches. Maybe even a studio exchange between two painters. You get the idea.

And now we have Patreon.

Patreon is a bit different, as you will see if you look at my Patreon page and those of other artists. Rather than barter, it's a pay-for-reward plan. How much you pay each month determines what "reward" you get. Everybody is different, and I have set up my reward "tiers" to reflect what makes sense to me, based on what my collectors, students and general admirers have desired in the past.

I'd be delighted if you take a look:  https://www.patreon.com/mchesleyjohnson