Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Sunday, July 28, 2019

Help Me Get to Scotland

One of my 6x8 oil paintings of Scotland from my last trip.
Now owned by a lucky collector!

I've been to Scotland twice now, and I love it so much that I'm going again in June 2020 to the Isle of Skye.  Last time, I was able to fund the trip in part by pre-selling a series of small paintings of Scotland—thanks to all who bought them!  I'd like to do the same for this trip.  You can support me in widening my artistic horizons and also get a little piece of Scotland as seen through my eyes.  It is, as they say, a win-win.

Me, painting in Portree on the Isle of Skye

Just like last time, I will keep a color sketch journal during the trip.  Upon my return to the US, I'll paint a series of 6x8 oil paintings based on the journal and photographs.  These paintings will be beautifully framed.  (You can see how I will frame them in the image at the top.)  My goal is to have these completed and shipped by Thanksgiving 2020, so if you're thinking of Christmas gifts, you'll get them in plenty of time.  Price is only $225, which includes frame and shipping to the US.

Me, painting at Talisker Bay on Skye

I am taking orders for these now.  When I announce the completion of the series, I will offer them to those who paid first and go down the list of supporters chronologically.  Let me know if you are interested!  Also, if you have a special subject in mind, please let me know, and I'll do my best to paint it.  You can email me here if you are interested.

You can see the sketches from the 2018 journal here:  www.mchesleyjohnson.com/scotland_journal  and the finished 6x8 paintings here: www.mchesleyjohnson.com/scotland_series

Of course, I'll be blogging the whole time, as I did previously; you can read the posts here.

To whet your appetite, here are a selection of the many, many photos I took of Scotland on my previous trips.  Scotland is a landscape painter's paradise, and I am looking forward to my trip and to sharing it with you all.