Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Sunday, October 30, 2022

Department of Checklists: Plein Air Painting Events

View in browser

My pile of stuff for the Prescott
Plein Air Festival the other weekend.
Did I forget anything? No, because I used
a checklist!


I'm a big maker of lists.  I love lists.  With my historically faulty memory, I've come to rely on them.  They've saved me many a time as I'm about to rush out the door on a trip, only to check and discover that I've forgotten some important item.

Lists are particularly important for plein air painting events.  In the excitement – and anxiety – that precedes these events, things are easily overlooked.  Even though I've done dozens of events and have most items (finally!) memorized, I still double-check, just in case.

I thought I'd share my list with you.  It's posted below as an image you can print out on letter-size paper.  Even though the event season is coming to a close in the Northern Hemisphere, you'll find it useful for any field painting session.

Print out this handy checklist
for your next plein air event