- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Rocks seem to be an oft-requested topic for my demonstrations. Today, I took the workshop out to the Head Harbour Lightstation. Although most people go there for the lighthouse, I go there for the rocks. At late morning, the rocks sport deep shadows - perfect for a rock demo!
I chose to zoom in to capture a rocky outcrop with some interesting color. Orange lichen dappled the tops, and the shadowed sides of the rocks were full of color.
Here are the steps I take with rocks:
I chose to zoom in to capture a rocky outcrop with some interesting color. Orange lichen dappled the tops, and the shadowed sides of the rocks were full of color.
Here are the steps I take with rocks:
- Outline the basic shapes
- Draw in the major dark accents (typically, cracks)
- Block in the shadowed parts
- Block in the mid-values
- Block in the lights
- Restate the major dark accents
- Add light highlights
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
