Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Sedona Plein Air Festival - Last Day

Today was the last day of the public sale. For entertainment (both for me and for visitors), I pulled out the demo I'd done on Monday and decided to finish it up. I went back to the same location at the same time and spent another 30 minutes or so pulling it together. Here's the result:

"Noontime Cliffs" 9x12, oil

After that, I decided to tackle a new piece. I had a single 8x10 left, and after popping it into an Art Cocoon, I went to town. It was a fun scene, right outside the Sedona Arts Center.

"Stop & Buy" 8x10, oil

And now, it's over. At 3 p.m., artists began to take down what paintings were left and say their goodbyes. There's always a few "orphan" artists left - those who aren't going home immediately - and I was one of them, so I had dinner with the others at the Oak Creek Brewery in Tlaquepaque. Good night, everyone!

Now it's off to bed, then packing early in the morning, and catching the shuttle to the Phoenix airport. I'm already missing my new pals, and looking forward to seeing them again next year - if not sooner.