Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Friday, May 21, 2010

Renovated Web Site


Every couple of years, I try to give my web site a makeover. Sometimes it's not "extreme" so much as just a spritz or two of air freshener. This time, I did a little sweeping and dusting and even gave it a fresh coat of paint. I'd love for you to take a look. Please let me know if I missed a cobweb or two. It's at www.MichaelChesleyJohnson.com.

These days, what with the more dynamic style of Facebook and blogs, it's easy to forget about that old 20th century bit of technology, the static web site. It takes more effort, to be sure, to update it. But I think it's always good to freshen it up. It can be a good online portfolio for potential galleries and collectors, and if it's not kept current, it might hurt you rather than help you.

By the way, here's a studio painting I did this week. "Clear Day, Bernard Harbor" 12x16, oil. The painting is warmer than it looks in this photo, especially in the foreground, where I used a lot of Transparent Earth Red for the shadows.