Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Plein Air Painters of the Bay of Fundy Show Opens


Last night was the opening reception for our fifth annual Plein Air Painters of the Bay of Fundy Exhibition at the Next Door Gallery in Eastport, Maine.  We had a great turnout, and everyone enjoyed the refreshments and music.  (I took a few pictures, but stopped too soon to capture the musicians and the busloads of folks who came in near the end.)  I extend my thanks to the artists who participated and also to Lisa Marquis-Bradbury, who owns the gallery and is one of the artists.  Thank you, Lisa!


I was happy to see that our paintings were nicely hung and that we had plenty of them.  Ten artists are represented, and I think we have about 35 paintings, including oils, pastels, watercolors and acrylics.  (For a full list of participating artists, see www.pleinairfundy.org.)   The paintings are, of course, all for sale.

I have five paintings in the show.  Here are shots of them, in situ:

"Blue Tug" 12x12, oil

"Raccoon Point" 9x12, oil

"Golden Fields" 9x12, oil

"Paint Me" 8x10, oil

"Sunny Day Lupines" 9x12, oil

The show, which alternates between the US and Canada each year, will run through July 14th.  The Next Door Gallery is at 8 Boynton Street and is open Tuesday-Saturday from 10-4 ET and also Sunday from 12-3 ET.  (It's closed Mondays.)  I hope you'll visit.

Also, a quick note about my own Friar's Bay Studio Gallery.  We have opened for the season.  I have many new paintings this season, including my large apple tree paintings.  Our hours are Monday-Saturday, 1-6 pm Atlantic Time.  For directions, visit www.FriarsBayGallery.com.  If you'd like to see the studio, you are also welcome to visit that.