Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Friday, March 9, 2012

Arizona Plein Air Painters Annual Juried Members Show


I received word that I've had a couple of pieces juried into the upcoming Arizona Plein Air Painters Annual Juried Member's Show.  The exhibit runs March 30-April 11, from 10-5 each day, at the Sedona Arts Center on Main Street, Sedona, Arizona.  There'll be two receptions, one on March 30, from 4-8 pm, and again on April 6, from 4-8 pm.  If you're going to be in the area, I hope you'll drop by the reception or at least see the show!

The pieces are below.  Both are oil and painted, of course, on location.  Your purchase will benefit the non-profit Sedona Arts Center.

"Into the Flow" 12x16, oil, $750
This was painted at the well-known Red Rock Crossing.  Usually, photographers (and painters) like the view of Cathedral Rock looming up over Oak Creek.  I shifted my viewpoint to the left, and painted looking up stream.

"Warrior" 12x24, $1125
This is one of my favorite spots to paint, at what I call  Uptown Trails.  This is an area right below Steamboat Rock where the trailheads are for the Jim Thompson and Brins Mesa trails.