Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Friday, March 30, 2012

Plein Air Essentials - Pastel Supplement

I've added a new supplement to my basic Plein Air Essentials video course.  The new one is the pastel supplement, and in it I offer two video demonstrations.  In one I show you my technique for using a full-color underpainting in pastel, and in the second, I show my technique for a monochromatic underpainting.  Both techniques involve using a wash to establish form with value.

I'll be following this later this weekend with an oil supplement for oil painters!  Stay tuned.

In the meantime, here is the link for the Pastel Supplement:  http://www.udemy.com/plein-air-essentials-pastel-supplement/

And the introductory video to the Pastel Supplement: