Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Monday, February 20, 2023

In Case You Missed It: Interviews with the Master Plein Air Artists

View in browser

Visit the playlist for these great interviews!


In case you missed it, I want to remind you that I have a playlist of interviews with the master artists in my book, Beautiful Landscape Painting Outdoors: Mastering Plein Air.  I truly enjoyed speaking with each of these artists, and I think you'll find they are generous with tips and helpful hints in these interviews. 


The artists I interview:

Lyn Asselta / US /pastel
Lorenzo Chavez / US / oil
Nathan Fowkes / US / watercolor
Calvin Liang / US / oil
Kim Lordier / US / pastel
Mark E. Mehaffey / US / acrylic
Sandra Nunes / Brazil / pastel
Stephen Quiller / US / watercolor

There are a handful of artists that I did not get to interview, but you can see their demos and read all about their techniques in the book.   And if you still don't have a copy, you can get it at either Amazon or Barnes & Noble (as well as at Michael's and Joann's):

Barnes & Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/beautiful-landscape-painting-outdoors-michael-chesley-johnson/1140004875?ean=9781684620456

Beautiful Landscape Painting Outdoors: Mastering Plein Air, new book by Michael Chesley Johnson